Sat, 10 Sept|
Find your own voice as a public speaker
Discover your unique strengths and personality as a speaker on this one day online training event, including pre-course reflection and post-course 1-2-1 coaching.
Time & Location
10 Sept 2022, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
About the event
I believe that we are all at our most compelling when we are being truly ourselves. You can learn a lot from watching accomplished speakers but unless you find your own natural style and message, you will always struggle to make an emotional connection with your audience.
Who are you and what do you stand for? These questions are the focus of this unique coaching experience.
On this course we will:
- help you discover your unique strengths and personality as a speaker
- unearth the stories and events that have helped shape the way you view the world
- find the key message you want to share with your audience
- give you structuring and preparation techniques you can use to deliver any talk from the stage or online
- develop an action plan and next steps tailored to you to develop your public speaking style further and use it to make an impact
What this course includes:
- Upfront refelction exercises to help you uncover your objectives for developing your public speaking skills and what you’d most like to talk about
- A day of experiential learning delivered on Zoom giving you lots of practice of speaking in an intimate and supportive group and feedback from me and your fellow participants (maximum 8 participants)
- A 30 minute one-to-one coaching session to help you review your discoveries and agree an action plan for developing your style as a public speaker.
This course could be a good fit for you if:
- You want to use speaking as a way of furthering a cause that matters to you, developing your heart-centred business or growing as a leader in your world
- You already have at least a little public speaking experience but can see room for honing your style and developing your skills
- You want to have an impact through being yourself rather than copying others
- You can adopt a ‘beginners mindset’ and are willing to learn
- You thrive in small group settings where your views are welcomed and respected
- You are willing to give constructive, respectful feedback to your fellow fearless speakers
This course may NOT be a good fit for you if:
- The thought of public speaking absolutely terrifies you as I can offer better options to help you with this (a few nerves are fine though and, in fact, are totally normal)
- Your sole motivation for improving your public speaking skills is more monetary wealth
This course will DEFINITELY NOT be a good fit for you if:
- You plan to use your public seaking to express racist, homophobic or misogynistic views
- You are not willing to share your feedback with others or your personal stories and ideas in a group setting
- You are not willing to hear other people's feedback and see it as supportive and constructive